Dental implants can be a costly procedure ranging from $3000-$4000 per implant that is placed. This includes the abutment and crowns if necessary. At The Gentle Dentist, we perform most all implant surgeries and restore the implants. Therefore, it is much more convenient and cost effective way to have your dental implant treated from start to finish. There are a number of factors that must be considered when quoting the fee for the dental implant. These include:
- How much bone is remaining in the area where the implant is to be placed? If there is not adequate bone present then a bone graft will have to be placed. This can add additional time and cost to the procedure. Teeth that have been missing over a long period, shrink and usually require bone grafting procedures.
- How many implants need to be placed and what is its purpose? If there are only a couple of implants needing to placed to fix a removable denture to the jaw with a snap fit, it would be less costly than numerous implants to create a completely non-removable teeth.
- If a tooth needs to be extracted, we will attempt to place an implant at the same time, thereby reducing the cost and healing of the procedure.
- Other factors include the location in the jaw. If implants are to be placed in the back areas of the mouth the nerve in the lower jaw and the sinus cavity in the upper jaw become issues. In these cases, we must use CT scanning technologies to get a 3 dimensional view of the bone, nerve and sinus. The use of the scanner and the time can add up to nearly $1200 for the data. This is necessary to make the procedure more predictable and less risk of creating numbness or infections
- At our Shelby Township, Michigan Dental office we do provide sedation so our patients are completely comfortable when they are treated.
.Dr. Antolak treats his dental patients in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere where you are treated like a guest in the home.Â His motto is to “relax while we take care of your smile”.Â He specializes in cosmetic dentistry, implant dentistry and general dentistry using sedation dentistry if necessary for his high fear patients. He has been treating patients for the past 21 years and is located in Shelby Township, Macomb county Michigan.