Sedation Dentistry – Treatment for the high fear patient
We know that many patients are apprehensive about going to the dentist and pride ourselves on our ability to help each patient feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible while receiving dental care. We offer several options to make your visit as comfortable and pain-free as possible:
You can always stop treatment simply by raising your hand.
- We use virtual reality glasses attached to a DVD player which allow you to watch your favorite movie during treatment.
- Warm parafin wax treatments help get your hands pampered and promote relaxation.
- Listen to special music with our noise canceling headphones.
- We make sure you are adequately numbed before we even begin.
- We offer Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) and sedation dentistry or Dream Dentistry to help you feel completely comfortable.
Sedation Dentistry is referred to as “Dream Dentistry” at our office because it makes treatment just that, a dream. Sedation dentistry is safe and painless. Anxiety is controlled using what is called oral conscious sedation or a simple, safe sleeping pill before and during your treatment. You will become drowsy to the point of falling asleep during treatment and have no memory of the visit. Can you imagine yourself sleeping through your dental visit? Sedation dentistry is ideal for patients who are fearful of going to the dentist, would like to get extensive treatment done in one long visit rather than making several trips to the dentist, and for those with a strong gag reflex. Perhaps you have heard our commericals about sedation dentistry on WCSX, WWJ and WOMC.
Serving the Detroit, Sterling Heights, Macomb, Shelby, Clinton Twp, Warren, Washington, Chesterfieldand New Baltimore Michigan area.