At The Gentle Dentist located on 22 Mile in Shelby Township, Michigan we feel led by the Holy Spirit in what we do. God has gifted us to provide dentistry in a very relaxing environment. The dental office can and has been a very stressful place to be at for countless people and just the thought of going to the dentist causes them to break out in a cold sweat. Many new dental patients who visit us are drawn to our Shelby Dental Office for a number of reasons:
- We believe that the Holy Spirit draws us closer together for a higher purpose in that those who have a high level of fear are comforted with the way they are treated. With the history of bad experiences that many of our dental patients bring it is critical to be a good listener and a better responder to their needs. Trust has been lost from previous dentists who have said they would stop if the dental patient needed them to stop and they didn’t. This lack of trust seriously affects them and it is our desire to transform them. It is not us but how God uses us to help develop a higher level of trust.
- Through the process of praying over our dental patients before treatment is begun calmness is experienced. God is the giver of peace and we want to help create the connection to Him.
- We play Christian music in the dental office so that a joyful environment is sensed.
- We are not forceful with our Christian Faith but just available to listen and then provide a reassuring word to our dental patients. Our dental office is our ministry and we become close to those who choose to become dental patients.
- We are in the process of creating a Christian Lending Library so those who have an interest in this type of information can borrow it.
The following is our Mission, Vision and Core Value Statements:
“We at The Gentle Dentist use our God given talents and abilities to serve our patients with Christ like compassion by listening to their needs first and then delivering individualized uncompromised dental care with respect and integrity”.
“Irrespective of the result, every decision made and action taken at The Gentle Dentist and has the characteristic of integrity at its foundation”.
“With God’s Blessing, we will continue to grow and prosper by striving to be the most qualified and respected group of dental professionals in the area”.
Find out for yourself what it is like being treated in a Christ focused environment so give us a call at 586.247.3500.
About The Author
Dr. Robert Antolak, DDS graduated from the University of Michigan in 1987 with his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. He is dedicated to providing the highest quality and appropriate cosmetic, sedation and general dentistry in the most comfortable and gentle way possible. Because being a dentist has been a lifelong dream, Dr. Antolak has a passion for the profession. He enjoys helping people feel better about their smiles and therefore their self-image with dental implant and cosmetic dentistry. His Dental Practice is located in Shelby Township, Michigan (Sterling Heights area in Macomb County). For more information visit The Gentle Dentist.