Healthy Diet and Keeping your Teeth White.
Question:Â I have heard that there are natural diets that will reduce staining and whiten my teeth.Â Could you explain this to me and provide me details?
Answer:Â According to the a recent consumer poll by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) The most unattractive thing about a smile are discolored teeth.Â Â According to the AACD Whitening treatments are the number one requested cosmetic dental procedure and have increased more than 300% since 1996.
â€œWhile daily home care and regular professional cleanings are essential for maintaining healthy teeth and gums, certain foods can help remove stains from your teeth,â€ according to AACD President Dr. Marty Zase. â€œFoods such as apples, pears, celery, carrots, cauliflower, and cucumbers produce saliva which combines with the foodsâ€™ natural fibers to naturally clean teeth and remove bacteria.â€
White Smile Diet Foods and Tips include:
- Strawberries will naturally whiten your teeth.
- Lemons will lighten and brighten too (just as they naturally â€œbleachâ€ your hair, they can do the same for your teeth)!
- Avoid drinking coffee, dark syrup sodas, red wine and blueberries. All stain teeth quickly.
- Drink from a straw whenever possibleâ€¦allows food dyes to bypass teeth altogether.
- Baking soda will help remove stains and build up. Brush it on your teeth twice a month, just as you would toothpaste, and rinse.
- Raw veggies are not only healthy to eat, but they will clean your teeth and remove surface stains.
- The mechanical action of chewing sugarless gum can also stimulate saliva and clean teeth surfaces, though not recommended for patients with TMJ
Dr. Antolak practices high tech dentistry in a relaxed atmosphere.Â from Implant surgery to teeth whitening we can help you out in our Shelby, macomb county cosmetic dental office located at 15055 22 Mile, shelby twp. Michigan.Â Phone number is (586)247-3500